Sealing Equalizing Prong
The Sealing/Equalizing Prong is an integral component of the SIM Plug Prong-Type Equalizing Housing, a commonly used method of sealing and equalizing across the set plug downhole.
After the Prong-Type Equalizing Housing has been set, the Sealing Prong is run on a standard JD- or SB-type Pulling Tool to create the sealing plug. To allow safe recovery of the plug, the Sealing Prong is recovered with a standard JD- or SB-type Pulling Tool to ensure equalization has taken place prior to the MATS/GS Pulling Prong being deployed to recover the Plug.
- To provide an Equalizing option for the Peak SIM or SIMplus Plug, in conjunction with the Prong Type Equalizing Housing
Features & Benefits
- Incorporates Shearable Centralizer and Seal Protector feature to ensure seals are protected whilst running in the well and that the Prong is guided into the plug correctly
- Supplied with industry standard external type fish necks
- Can be supplied with internal fish neck/junk catcher to reduce number of runs if junk catcher is required above
- Shortened versions can be supplied to accommodate height restricted rig-ups threaded equalizing port options to control the rate of equalization
- Critical components ENP treated to prevent thread galling and corrosion
- Simplistic design with minimal components
- Robust design
Product Code: 352