The Sidewall Cutter is used to cut slickline wire against the tubing wall. This may be required to clear the well past the Tubing Retrievable Subsurface Safety Valve (TRSSSV) or to clear down to ball of wire.
The device is activated by simple manipulation of the running string or by sitting down on an obstruction. Downward jarring drives the hardened blades radially outwards until contact with the wire. Subsequent jarring severs the wire at this point.
- Well integrity
Features & Benefits
- Emergency release feature that can be pinned with steel or brass shear stock
- Hardened blades field proven to cut the hardest slickline wire up to 0.14 in
- Available in sizes to suit common tubing widths
- Full radial coverage of cutting blades within tubing ID
- Supplied with shearable Running Tool
- Cutting blade activation can be pinned with bi-directional to shear 1/8-in shear pin
Product Code: 214