UHD Multi-Function Shear Pin Rope Socket
The Ultra Heavy Duty Multi-Function Shear Pin Rope Socket has been manufactured for use where high pulling forces are anticipated.
A unique one-piece Slip & Initiator Clamp arrangement ensures maximum line pull can be attained with minimal slippage. A Belleville Washer assembly creates a pre-load tension to ensure there is very little movement of the termination during upward and downward jarring. The UHD Multi-Function Shear Pin Rope Socket is a combination Rope Socket and Swivel designed to reduce the overall length of the toolstring by removing the requirement for an extra connection. The integral configuration also ensures that a swivel, a crucial component when using braided line, is always included in the toolstring. The Multi Shear Pin Release Sub allows the cable & upper Rope Socket assembly to be recovered should the toolstring become stuck, leaving a clean HD Fish Neck that can be recovered using the Heavy Duty Full Radial Contact (HD-FRC) Pulling Tool.
- For use with Ultra Heavy Duty braided line operations
Features & Benefits
- Integral Rope Socket & Swivel - reducing overall toolstring length & ensuring a swivel is incorporated into the braided line toolstring
- One piece Slip & Initiator Clamp arrangement for ease of use and inventory reduction
- Integral primary & contingent Peak HD Fish Neck which has a 60% increased load bearing area compared to standard fish necks, improving overall strength
- Multi Shear Pin options to suit operational application for mechanical release
- Heavy Duty Tapered Roller Bearings for enhanced rotation under load
- Integral Grease Nipple to allow easy lubrication and prevent corrosion
- Critical components ENP treated to further assist in prevention of internal corrosion
- Assembly / Disassembly Tool provided for simple cable termination & break out
- Supplied with Peak 2 11/16” UHD QC connection
Product Code: 123