The Heavy-Duty eCutter is a unique, electronically activated, power-charged nonexplosive cutter used to sever heavy-duty wireline cables when a toolstring becomes stuck downhole.
Like the field-proven Peak eCutter, the Heavy-Duty eCutter incorporates an electronic timer and trigger module that introduces a time-based delay allowing a pre-designated time to elapse before the cutting function is activated. The electronics module is designed to operate safely and reliably in temperatures up to 177 degC [350 degF].
Upon activation, the Heavy-Duty eCutter cuts cleanly above the toolstring assembly to allow the upper section of the wire/cable to be recovered quickly to surface. Its simple design incorporates robust blades and gripping systems that enable it to cleanly cut 0.320-in to 0.590-in heavy-duty wire/cable safely, reliably, and accurately - even in highly deviated wells, high viscous fluids, and complex geometry wells.
- Deployment in all stuck toolstring events for target depth and activation assurance
- Severing of heavy-duty wire/cable in highly deviated and complex geometry wells
- Pump-Down deployment
Features & Benefits
- Integral non-pyrotechnic power charge
- No radio-silence requirement
- HSE compliant: No explosives
- Range of pre-programmed countdown times (optional custom-programming also available)
- Remote power capability with lithium-based power source
- LED operability indicator for timer activation confirmation
- Standard (150 degC [302 degF]) and high temperature (177 degC [350 degF]) electronics (specific battery and electronics assemblies)
- Same tool capable of cutting all industry wire/cables from 0.320-in to 0.590-in heavy-duty wire/cable
- Supplied with safety handling clamps for safe and secure operations at the well site
- Robust blades and cable gripping system offer a reliable and accurate result even in highly
deviated wells, high viscous fluids and complex geometry wells
- Pump-Down systems available upon request
- Simple field redress
- Logistically simple, safe and rapid mobilization to well sites globally
Product Code: 215